Thursday 28 January 2010

Making your donations: it's all set up!

It's amazing what you can do in between the cracks and what you learn in less than a day. One person has signed up (so far) to the Coaching for Haiti group on LinkedIn. My intray has been blossoming. Some people are making offers. Some are letting me know they have passed my e-mail on to friends (great idea! Why didn't I think to ask people to do that?). And... and... and...

Lynne, my coach in the US sends me a link to an article about Charlie Simpson, the seven-year old boy whose sponsored bike ride has become a major news event. It's not news to me but it does remind me that one simple way to organise fundraising is via Just Giving. So, today, I set up a page at http://www.JustGiving.com/CoachingforHaiti.

Where will the money go? Via the Disasters Emergency Committee in the UK to a range of charities who are supporting the relief efforts in Haiti.

Now, dear friends and colleagues, it's time to get creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment