Saturday 30 January 2010

Coaching for Haiti: do I have to be a coach to get involved?

Alongside "what can I do to help?", "do I have to be a coach to get involved?" is the most common question I have received so far. The answer is no. There's room for many contributions to this project. I thought I'd share a few thoughts about what those contributions might be.

Firstly, anyone can join the Coaching for Haiti group on LinkedIn and get involved in the discussions which will be shaping the project as it goes on. It's especially helpful to have people's ideas at this stage - it's early days and people are clearly looking for inspiration.

It's also a time of spreading the word - something everyone can do. The more you are involved in the project (via the LinkedIn group, for example), the more you will know who to reach out to and what to say to them when you do.

Maybe you have some specific skill that might support the project. I can imagine that a great marketeer could help me to jazz up the page for donations on JustGiving. A great salesman might "sell" some sponsored coaching to some person or organisation that's keen to support this project. I may be wrong and still, I am imagining that for as many "sponsored coachings" sold there will be coaches who are eager to support this project by giving their time and coaching skills.

And of course, if all else fails, you can make a donation via www.JustGiving.com/CoachingforHaiti. This will go directly to the Disasters and Emergency Committee together with the tax they reclaim on your behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment